Characterization of unconsolidated and solid rocks
The research focus "Characterization of unconsolidated and solid rocks" is worked on at the Chair of Engineering Geology within the framework of several doctoral theses, bachelor and master theses with very different objectives.
The engineering geological and petrophysical studies on this complex of topics include:
- Weathering resistance and variability of natural and manufactured stones and grains.
- Field and laboratory studies of variable solid rocks and rock weathering.
- Clay minerals and their properties.
- Swelling behavior of claystones and anhydrite-bearing rocks.
- Studies on the performance and evaluation of laboratory tests and their further development.