Completed research projects
The following is a list of completed major research projects of the ERA group.
- Uncertainty Quantification & Separation in Engineering Models. 2016-2020, funded by DFG
- Bayesian updating of engineering models with spatially variable properties. 2016-2019, in collaboration with Chair of Numerical Mathematics, TUM, and the Chair of Scientific Computing, TUM, funded by IGSSE
- Reliability analysis and updating of complex infrastructure systems by Bayesian network. 2016-2018, in collaboration with Seoul National University (Prof. Junho Song), funded by DFG and NRF
- AdaptRisk: Climate Adaptation of infrastructure systems. 2014 - 2018, in collaboration with TUM Chair of Hydrology and TUM Chair of Mathemathical Statistics, funded by IGGSE / DFG
- SAFEPEC - Risk-based inspection of ship structures, 2014-2017, funded by EU FP7
- Risk assessment for infrastructure systems subject to natural hazards, 2014-2017, funded by DNV Norway.
- SAMSYS – Safety Management System for Flight Operation. 2013-2015, in collaboration with Lufthansa and multiple TUM chairs, funded by BMBF
- Integral analysis and assessment of monitoring and inspection in aging structures: a Bayesian network approach. 2013-2016, funded by DFG
- Smart watershed operation and risk management using Bayesian methods, 2012-2015, funded by TUM Institute of Advanced Studies.
- Intelligent Bridges – Prototype for assessing the condition state of bridge elements, 2012 – 2014, in collaboration with BAM Berlin, funded by BASt.
- Fracture-mechanics-based fatigue reliability, 2011-2013, funded by DAAD.
- Assessment of natural hazard protection strategies in Alpine catchments. 2011-2013, in collaboration with TUM Chair of Hydraulic and Water Resources Engineering, funded by Ministry of Environment and Public Health.
- Concept and framework for reliability-based smart bridge management, 2011 – 2012, in collaboration with BAM Berlin, funded by BASt.
- Wildfire risk analysis with Bayesian networks, 2010-2014.
- Tunnel construction risk assessment. 2010-2014, funded by Czech Science Foundation, DAAD, BAYHOST
- ROSA – Reliability Oriented Optimization of Structural Replacement Strategies for Aircraft Structures, 2010-2012, funded by EU FP7.
- Methodology for risk-based planning of inspections for roadway bridges, 2009-2010, funded by BASt.