Integral analysis and assessment of monitoring and inspection in ageing structures: a Bayesian network approach
Significant research resources have been invested into the development of monitoring systems for ageing engineering systems. At the same time, only limited efforts have been directed towards developing models and methods to quantitatively assess the information gained with these systems and to quantify the benefit of these monitoring systems.
Quantitative models for understanding and assessing the effect of monitoring systems are lacking, in particular when considering combinations of several monitoring systems and inspection techniques. To develop and investigate such models is the goal of this project. These shall enable a better understanding of the impact of monitoring systems on the reliability and shall allow to quantify the “value of information” obtained from these systems.
- Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG)
- Consejo Nacional de Ciencia y Tecnología (CONACYT)
- Department of Structural Engineering, Norwegian University of Science and Technology
- Lloyds Register
- University of Aberdeen
- Luque, J., Straub, D., 2019. Risk-based optimal inspection strategies for structural systems using dynamic Bayesian networks. Structural Safety 76, 68–80.
- Bismut, E., Straub, D., 2019. Direct policy search as an alternative to POMDP for sequential decision problems in infrastructure planning. Proc. 13th International Conference on Applications of Statistics and Probability in Civil Engineering, ICASP13, Seoul, Korea.
- Bismut, E., Straub, D., 2018. Adaptive direct policy search for inspection and maintenance planning in structural systems. In: Sixth International symposium on Life-Cycle Civil Engineering 2018, IALCCE 2018.
- Bismut, E., Straub, D., 2018.Inspection And Maintenance Planning In Large Monitored Structures. In: Sixth International Symposium on Reliability Engineering and Risk Management, 6ISRERM.
- Bismut, E., Luque, J., Straub, D., 2017. Optimal prioritization of inspections in structural systems considering component interactions and interdependence. In: 12th International Conference on Structural Safety & Reliability, ICOSSAR 2017. pp. 2260–2269.
- Luque, J., Straub, D., 2016. Reliability analysis and updating of deteriorating systems with dynamic Bayesian networks. Structural Safety 62, 34–46.
- Luque, J., Straub, D., 2013. Algorithms for optimal risk-based planning of inspections using influence diagrams. In:Proceedings of the 11th International Probabilistic Workshop.