Foundation Engineering and Soil Mechanics for Civil Engineering
Curriculum/ Assignment: Compulsory 4. Semester
Cycle: Summer semester
- Formation and consistency of soils, fundamental soil characteristics, classification
- Foundation ground reconnaissance
- Soil as a building material
- Water in subsoil (groundwater flow, groundwater handling)
- Subsoil deformation (spreading of strains , settlements, consolidation)
- shear strength
- earth pressure
All study documents can be found on MOODLE.
The Bachelor examination takes place at the end of each semester during the semester break. We recommend to take the exam directly after attending the course. It is permitted to take the exam in both the basic as well as the extension course in the same semester. The length of the exam is 120 minutes and is divided into two parts:
- General questions without further aids (40 minutes)
- Calculation part: permitted aids are books, study documents, simple scientific calculators (80 minutes)
Relevant for examination is always the curriculum from the most recent semester.
The registration for the exam must be completed in time on tumonline and cannot be carried out subsequently.