Master Course Environmental Engineering
In the Master's programme Environmental Engineering, the Chair of Foundation Engineering and Soil Mechanics, Rock Mechanics and Tunnel Construction offers the following modules in the field of study "Environmental Geotechnics":
- Geotechnical issues in environmental engineering
- Ground water handling and sustainable use of geomaterials in civil construction
- Earthworks and building with geosynthetics
- Laboratory exercise for soil mechanics
- Soil dynamics and geotechnical earthquake engineering with project work
- Unsaturated soil mechanics
In addition, the following electives from other chairs of the TUM Department Civil and Environmental Engineering are assigned to the Field of Study Environmental Geotechnics:
- Altlastensanierung (Remediation of poluted lands)
- Environmental Remediation Strategies
- Environmental Geochemistry
- Advanced Groundwater Modelling for Environmental Engineers
- Monitoring von Böden (Soil monitoring)
You can find the placement of the courses in your curriculum in the corresponding study regulations.
A description of each module can be found on TUMonline.
Notes and suggestions for research topics for a master thesis can be found under study projects and theses.