GLOBAQUA has assembled an international and multidisciplinary consortium of 23 partners in order to study the interaction of multiple stressors within the frame of strong pressure on water resources.
The main aim of GLOBAQUA (www.globaqua-project.eu) is to achieve a better understanding on how current water management practices and policies could be improved by identifying their main drawbacks and alternatives. In particular GLOBAQUA aims to:
- understand the effects of water scarcity on the impact of multiple stressors in selected case studies
- predict how interactions will modify according to different scenarios of future global environmental change
- analyse the consequences of oncoming changes on biodiversity and ecosystem functioning
- analyse the effects of water scarcity on ecosystem services in the study basins
- explore how to adapt management and policies to minimise the ecological, economical and societal consequences of oncoming environmental change
We are mainly involved in the activities related to Work Package 3 (Hydrological Analysis) and to the experimental work performed within the Adige catchment.
Investor: European Commission
Project start: 02/2014
Project end: 02/2019
Project management: Dr. Gabriele Chiogna
Project assistance: Tuo Ye